Thread: Brake shudder
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 08:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Perkuleez
Base Member

Drives: 10 Nissan BC A7
Perkuleez is on a distinguished road

Sorry for taking a few days to get back with you guys..

I'll try to answer all questions/ideas I can here..

I bought the car as a certified pre-owned car with about 30Kish miles on it.. put about 10K miles on it since I got it..

I'm not sure if the brake fluid has ever been changed. I'm in the works of doing that soon. Gonna get some high quality stuff for it.

I went out and tried a few 60-5 mph hard braking sessions. A few of them may have been from around 75ish to 5ish. I didn't ever fully stop.. I noticed the problem appearing as it did before. I did 10 sessions, let the brakes cool for a while and then checked.. problem still persisted.. did another 15 or so, let them cool.. same thing.. so I gave up on that..

As far as checking how much pad is left I will have to put that on the list as well when I'm changing the brake fluid. Last time they were checked is when they did the oil change at the dealership when I bought the car. I have since done all the oil changes because I'm not paying them do to it lol .. just an fyi I change the oil per owners manual every 3750 miles, I use mobile 1 full synthetic oil.

I haven't ever tried the sand paper idea yet however if that is something that will assist the issue its better than paying for new rotors..

I do drive the 7AT, mainly because a decent bit of my driving is stop and go traffic and I wasn't about to deal with a manual again as the last car I had was one and that is a pain. Not to mention the 7AT in this car shifts pretty fast at least from what I can tell.. I do not left foot brake ever.

To my understanding the parking brake is a drum brake, non related to the actual disc itself thus putting it on would have no effect on warped brakes. Correct me if I'm wrong. However the point is mute as I park the car on a level surface and have no use for the parking brake, thus its never on.

I appreciate all the replys, honestly I didn't expect to get as many as I did.

PS. If I am going to go out and buy new rotors and pads, I plan to just upgrade the brakes and get a big brake kit from Brembo or some other reputable brand as I would like the track the car at some point. However a big brake kit isn't the cheapest of things and I would like to hold off on that for now.
Perkuleez is offline   Reply With Quote