View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 08:22 AM   #127 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clchisholm View Post
Here is a little story for you all.....

Bobby did my 40th with the kit they offer and after their final tune, I laid down 528 to the wheels at 10PSI. I took my car to Derek at ART for a few minor tweaks and she ran tight.

My only complaint ever about my 40th was that she burned oil from day 1. Not bad, but if I missed an oil change or was late it would not be a good thing.

Well, while having new suspension installed at the Nissan dealer, I asked them to check the oil. Long story short, the burning oil issue is a known problem with "some" 2010 engines, so after an oil consumption test, I was granted a new short block from Nissan.

Installed and ready for pickup. I drover her home and noticed the suspension was lower than I asked for, STILL, and my exhaust seemed to be dragging more than normal and had a small leak. They told me the V-band clamp was cracked and I needed to get a new one. I did, drove her back to Nissan and left it with them for a clamp install, suspension adjustment and a couple other minor things.

The next day I am to pick her up, all tight and the way I wanted her. Around 2pm I got a call from Nissan saying we had a problem. Turns out that during the test drive, they blew a rod, the piston slammed into the head, shattered a valve or 2 which got sucked into the turbo.

I was given a BS story at first of 4th gear low RPM which I immediately didn't buy. Monday I got the truth and entire story......just as expected, a hard 2nd gear pull on a motor with 27 miles and 8PSI is a bad combo.....
SO, here I sit, with no ETA, waiting for my Turbo to be rebuilt by Boost Labs (awesome guy there, Kirk), and a new motor install, complete motor. The only thing coming over from my old engine is my 750cc injectors.

Side note to all 370 Boosters, make sure to change out your plugs to GTR plugs or you'll melt them. Learned that at time of install.
First off...sucks bud. Here's to you getting back up and running soon

They granted you a new motor even though you were boosted? That's a nice dealer.

Just a question but do you not have a valet map? I would never drop my car at a location other than my tuner without the valet map turned on.

Were you running stock plugs with the turbo kit? Is that standard for the VSR setup?

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote