View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

with Hotrodz and Gale

I ran TWM Desert Eagle knob (600 grams) on the stock shifter for year or two with positive results. But I was much happier when I paired it with the TWM short shifter over a year ago. Also, I have had to remove it a couple of times when doing transmission work, and one time I did not have it properly lined up and 5th and 6th gears felt terrible even though I could still get it into R ok. A quick adjustment and everything felt great again.

I have come to enjoy the 'notchiness' of the Z transmission. The heavy knob and TWM shifter have increased that a little I think, but they also make shifts feel much more solid. I drove a mostly stock Nismo recently and while it felt pretty smooth for a Z transmission, everything felt light and weak in comparison to my Z. On one particularly hard shift, I almost felt like I might break shifter. This is, of course, just my personal opinion, and some people might like a soft, smooth clutch. I enjoyed a buttery smooth clutch in my Accord coupe before, but I don't mind and even prefer a more raw feel in a sports car like the Z

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote