View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
Seafoam is some pretty good stuff. I use it mostly for my lawnmower and weedeater. It keeps your fuel fresh and i will add a bottle every three months or so to my vehicles. Give it a shot and try it out on your lawn equipment at least if you are skeptical and base your opinions on what you know and not what you hear.
I guess I have been one of the lucky ones, insomuch as I have never had fuel go "stale" in any of my lawn equipment. (or perhaps I am unlucky insomuch as I have to use said equip. far too often) I do, however, use Sta-bil in all my lawn equipt. fuel cans, so....

Years ago someone tried to sell me on Seafoam. I bought it and used it in 2 of my vehicles, a 99 jeep Cherokee, and a 96 Saturn sl2. both were suffering from what I believe to be poor gas mileage and performance.
Aside from smoking like all hell, and pissing off the neighbors, the seafoam had absolutely ZERO effect on either issue, in either car.
Now, I know the believers will tell me that I did something wrong, or didn't use enough product, blah, blah, blah.
Buy it if you believe, don't buy it if you don't. Simple.
Personally, I feel that good quality fuel, and good quality oil has all the detergents they need, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Maintain your vehicle as you should, and the need for all these "snake oil" products go away.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote