View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #4157 (permalink)
phantom370z
Track Member

Drives: 14 Nismo 370Z PW
phantom370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensation View Post
I know alot of people recommend a lightweight flywheel. I personally do not recommend this rout...I went with a lightweight flywheel and didnt notice enough of a change in throttle response to justify the slight decrease in driveability. it amplified the already bad chatter out of these transmission input shafts. I kept the original flywheel and always debated swapping back but i hate working on transmissions so i just lived with it. I loved the test pipes and catback exhaust setup i had. not loud at all and very noticeable gains up top. and the best mod was a stiffer stage 1 clutch and stainless steel clutch line.
I agree completely. I felt the exact same way when I swapped the flywheel out in my WRX. I regretted it immediately upon hearing the chatter for the first time and wanted to take it out every day until I sold the car. On the flip-side, If you only tracked the car I'd go LWFW of course. Admittedly I've not done much research on flywheels for the Z because I've got a long long time left on the stock one, but there may be some that don't chatter as bad as others depending on how much weight is being shaved.