View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #4156 (permalink)
Zensation
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 93 rx7
Zensation is a jewel in the roughZensation is a jewel in the roughZensation is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooonnn View Post
would you suggest flywheel over say test pipes or long tube headers for overall perceptible improvements? it looks like the LTH and flywheel install are pretty similar in install times so i wouldnt mind doing either for my next project, i'm just unsure if a new flywheel also requires a new tune
I know alot of people recommend a lightweight flywheel. I personally do not recommend this rout...I went with a lightweight flywheel and didnt notice enough of a change in throttle response to justify the slight decrease in driveability. it amplified the already bad chatter out of these transmission input shafts. I kept the original flywheel and always debated swapping back but i hate working on transmissions so i just lived with it. I loved the test pipes and catback exhaust setup i had. not loud at all and very noticeable gains up top. and the best mod was a stiffer stage 1 clutch and stainless steel clutch line.
Zensation is offline   Reply With Quote