View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
earlynerd
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Sport Touring
earlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond reputeearlynerd has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the guide, I just ran into the steering lock issue last week and this helped me get my car running again. I was able to start the car after whacking the lock with a mallet and then pull the fuse, but the problem came back after a day since the bolt was barely pressing the switches. I did mine a little different, I ended up actually desoldering the switches from the board entirely and replacing them with wire jumpers. I also removed the motor connector from the board, so that I could reinstall the motor to help lock the mechanism in place while still preventing the motor from ever moving. Now there is zero possibility of the lock mechanism somehow working its way off the switches and causing the problem again.
earlynerd is offline   Reply With Quote