View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #345 (permalink)
Awgd8
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Q40 / 2008 EX35
Awgd8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
After trying all the maps except the Awgd8 blend 2/3 map (thought i loaded it but i didnt), here is my feedback. Bear in mind that this is my daily car, 6MT and i drive pretty sedately but like to make sure the Z gets some respect at the lights.

wstar smooth throttle: Improvement over stock, too smooth for my likings. For those who have followed my lengthy random loss of throttle response posts, i think this map is the cause of all my grief and pointless searching. No discredit to wstar at all, but after switching for the Awgd8 maps i've clocked 1200 faultless kilometres. It was very weird because i ran the wstar map for ages then all of a sudden the throttle started acting up and required a restart to cure. It got so bad that even a few minutes after a restart it would act up. Then it became every time i drove more than 20mins. It went to the dealer, they couldnt find anything but it didnt come back for almost 2 weeks then it came back. Then it became really random. Anyway, i'm glad to be enjoying my Z again.

Awgd8 v1: Improvement over wstar's map, more pokey but it made me crave more.
Awgd8 v2: This is my favourite. It rips hard from 2200rpm upwards. Screams by 3000rpm and really wakes up the intakes and exhaust.
Awgd8 v3: Similar to Awgd8 v1 in normal street driving. Pretty strong and keen from mid to high rpm. But the low rpm range of this map just doesnt have the punch of v2. I will load the blend map in a few minutes and give it a run.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions to thia valuable thread!
I am surprised that it worked out for the manual. Did you try turning off the Electronic throttle control via uprev? I heard this is way better performance if your car is Manual. So basically, when you turn it off, you are not using any of our Throttle Mapping, but direct 1:1 from pedal position and throttle opening...
Awgd8 is offline   Reply With Quote