View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by glw View Post
I'll give that seat slide thing a try. I ordered a CG-Lock today, too.

I'm curious though.. @GSS, did you even look at the Scroth 3 Rallye ASM in the link in my post? If there was a legit mounting spot in the rear (or one could be welded in), it seems like a pretty good solution for autox - the anti-submarine feature looks good.
I did, and I have been exploring harness/safety options myself. The ASM sounds a bit gimmicky honestly. I would do some research on it. Again I can't see how this beats just the OEM belt and airbag. Not sure it's an upgrade. I might be wrong, but I just see no real advantage in spending money on a 3 point. If there is one, tell me what it is.

After talking to lots of people, after 2 month ago my father putting his GT3 into a wall at summit point, a fellow POC club member ending up hospitalized(he had 5 point and full cage) at Big Willow, and almost getting t-boned 2 weeks ago at Buttonwillow myself, I have decided that I am not even going to mess around with intermediary upgrades such as 3-4 points, bolt in roll bar etc.

Granted it's expensive, but I am getting to a point skill and time wise where I need to get some real safety gear. I don't do AutoX , and I can definitely understand why the requirements there are not as stringent. It's pretty unlikely to hit a wall or another car , and I am sure that 100MPH+ is not that common. So my needs probably don't align with your needs exactly, but I don't want you to waste your money either

While you are looking, check out Sabelt's products as well. nice looking stuff.

Sabelt - Home