View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

Only real option I know of is to put in at least a 4 point cage. No authority on cages and I am honestly not that educated on them but it is one of my next upgrades. There are post market companies that sell "harness bars" or "Harness mounts" be wary, and be careful how they are installed. Some person died when this car first came out because they attached their harness to bar right behind the driver seat(which is completely inadequate for harness mounting).

There is no OEM location appropriate for mounting a harness.

There is no reason that I know of to buy a 3 point harness. Your OEM airbag and regular 3 point seat belt are fine. Either go to a full 5 point seat/harness/rollbar or just stay OEM. If you are looking for a true harness and seat solution, you live right next to the best Nissan performance shop in SoCal, contact Mike at Corner 3 Garage in Laguna Hills.

Edit: 4 point harnesses are generally frowned upon. A 5 point will keep you from breaking your legs on impact, a 4 point might not. Maybe a 4 point is OK for autoX where there are not walls to run into generally and front impact is not likely. But with a 4 point your butt can still slide forward(which is attached to your legs) and if they bump into the engine block crashing through your front dash, then the engine will win.

Last edited by GSS138; 01-06-2015 at 11:40 PM.
GSS138 is offline   Reply With Quote