View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 10:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
AstatenateZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
AstatenateZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrider79 View Post
I been hesitant to install this part, I've had it in a box since I received it.
I received mine today. Still have to wait on belt should be here Saturday or next Monday. I'm slightly hesitant. Only reason being because I've seen on here what "can" happen. But for the most part I haven't found anyone on here that's said "I installed NST pulley and it ruined my engine" or "well pulley voided my warranty and now I have a $30,000 paper weight." Nothing. Everything I'm seeing is moderate dyno proven hp/torque and no hesitant when pressing throttle. I did order a magnetic oil drain plug like mentioned above to monitor metal powders / shavings and will test if I ever come across any. And report back. I kinda scared myself too reading on here. But most people commenting "the crank pulley should be balanced it'll ruin engine" obviously don't know the engines in modern days are internally balanced so that shouldnt effect your crank. It's lighter so it's should be easier for the crank to move more freely. I would speculate that as long as it's properly seated that it should be fine. And haven't heard any proven engine ruin stories. But have heard/seen proven dyno sheets, and success stories for this. That's the only reason (( I AM )) moving forward with installing mod. But since I will be installing Ark Gt-S springs this weekend. I will probably not tackle both. I'll probably tackle pulleys the following weekend when I do my oil change. But will report back to let you know how it goes.
AstatenateZ is offline   Reply With Quote