View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
2012z
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7A
2012z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glw View Post
I thought I'd share my experience with GarageLine and their XPipe/MidPipe for the 370Z.

NOTE: I did not get the full catback and I have the factory cats and factory axleback. I only have their X and Mid Pipes.

Ordering/Shipping - A+
The ordering was easy (by phone). I was told it was in stock and that it would be shipped that day. I was told I'd receive an email with a tracking number that day and I did. The product arrived on time and was packaged very nicely (lots of foam peanuts and bubble wrap around the product). The product looks amazing (polished stainless) and came with all the required bolts nuts and gaskets.

Install - A+
I had local muffler shop do the install because <insert excuse list here />. It looked like if I had the appropriate tools and strength I could have installed this myself without professional assistance.

Appearance - A+
It looks great; just like the pictures on their website. Once installed you can't really see much of a change because it is all under the car. If you really get under the car and look closely, it does seem to hang a touch lower than stock as it passes under the diff - but not too bad.

Operation - A+
Immediately on start up you can hear a deeper tone but the exhaust is not noticeably any louder (at least at low revs). During the ride home I noticed that the tone seems lower but not really noticeable while driving reasonably (road noise, radio, etc.). The deeper, throatier tone is apparent after 4K rpm but it doesn't seem to be much louder than stock (maybe just a bit). This is perfect for me as I don't want to attract any LEO attention here in socal and I visit Laguna Seca where sound is monitored very closely. I don't believe in butt dynos but I have heard from many that the restrictive part of our exhaust is the Y pipe - hence my purchase.

Last Comment
When I got out of the Z in my garage after arriving home, I noticed the fairly strong aroma of burnt paper. Not sure what that is about but it seems to be coming from the tailpipe. It's probably just a couple peanuts made it into the pipes and got burnt up - to be safe blow yours out before installing them if you get one. Anyways, I'll be checking on it tonight.

Overall an A+ from me!
I strongly recommend the axle back as well. It will sound A lot better...not louder than what u have..but wont have a raspy sound. The stock muffler tends to have a rasp sound to it. I have over 5k miles on the cat back and love it!!