View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
midn8t
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370z
midn8t is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynhex View Post
It's unfortunate that the Z doesn't allow streaming BT audio, but this car really wasn't designed for audio and bells/whistles. It seems more geared towards straight power and driving. But I agree it should have it..

For now, use the aux input and a cable.. Works for me.
was not designed for long distance driving ether foot pedals are killer wish they where adjustable.

but anyways - you know what is wired about the Z cars is that I went to the dealer and got my car, 2012 and asked them about the bluetooth stream and they said it did have it, latter on I found out you had to have the nav unit so I asked the Waukesha dealer near Milwaukee in WI - if they could put in the NAV unit radio into the car they said no they could not do it, they told me that the car had to be ordered with it in it from the factory.

which to me seems kinda wired U would think that they would be able to put a factory nav unit into there factory cars, even if they did not originally come with the factory nav radio ??

long story short i ended up putting the Kenwood DNX571HD 6.1" 2-Din AV Navigation System with Bluetooth & HD Radio

into my car and works fine, steering wheel is programmable - but no luck with the voice command stuff.

also with my radio that i got the DNX571HD it has issues playing audio books.

Those are really only two of the four complaints I have about the 370z's only other things that have annoyed me are mostly due to the nissan dealers I have dealt with which are the waukesha dealer and the janesville, wi dealer.

can any one else verify if the OEM factory nav unit and radio can not be installed into a Z after sale ?
midn8t is offline   Reply With Quote