View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #58 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

I am referring to just DD. Tracking is a completely different ball game and I do believe that you should use the best oil there is due to the extreme condition. I don't know exactly how a good dino comparing to a synthetic under normal driving condition with relatively short change interval. I use M-1 full synthetic just in case and it is just a few dollars more per change (diy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Synergy View Post
Depends. Dino oil breaks down really fast. The best to worst list is basically how long the oil stays oil with use under low to high extremes. Do a track day or get your oil above 200+ degrees and expect the dino oil to kill your motor fast. Redline on the other hand you'll be able to use for the 24 hours of Le Mans. As the oil breaks down and shears off that's when you want your micro lubricants to be there. Again Redline kills Mobil 1 for example. RL uses a better base and more Mo, Z, and Ph. For DD I still wouldn't use dino oil as it won't be synthetic. You still want the motor to not wear out.
nis350 is online now   Reply With Quote