View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #55 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
the reason I asked about dino oil is because I want to see if it is just as good as the expensive oil if the change interval is 3k-4k miles. i have heard many think that the good dino oil is just as good with short change interval.

I've personally used mobile-1 full synthetic for decades on all my cars with good results.
Depends. Dino oil breaks down really fast. The best to worst list is basically how long the oil stays oil with use under low to high extremes. Do a track day or get your oil above 200+ degrees and expect the dino oil to kill your motor fast. Redline on the other hand you'll be able to use for the 24 hours of Le Mans. As the oil breaks down and shears off that's when you want your micro lubricants to be there. Again Redline kills Mobil 1 for example. RL uses a better base and more Mo, Z, and Ph. For DD I still wouldn't use dino oil as it won't be synthetic. You still want the motor to not wear out.