View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
4TthAnnyZ
Base Member

Drives: 2010 40th
4TthAnnyZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstatenateZ View Post
I contacted UpRev myself with this same question. All you do is get the Osiris standard kit you'll have to purchase it from their website, send them your mods IE: I have cat backs, test pipes, etc etc and they'll mod it for your specific mods and you'll just plug it in. They'll set up your maps and all the stuff you want. And you'll just plug it into your OBD port and you're good to go after it installs. You'll also have to send them your ECU serial # so you'll have the license to that tune. It's actually better to just spend the extra $200 for dyno time. It's only $674.76 for all of it. And obvioisly dyno tuning is more precise. It's worth it. If you're going to spend $500-550 for just the tuner to do yourself why not spend another $100-200 to get it dyno'd and know you're running at full potential.

Valid point, there's a local performance shop that has experience with UpRev, so I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea. Dyno time is $100/hr which kind of sucks. But I'd imagine it should take more than an hour or two to get it right. I haven't made up my mind yet, I like the idea of a plug and play.

I have time to ponder it!
4TthAnnyZ is offline   Reply With Quote