View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 03:54 AM   #47 (permalink)
felix0121
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Sport 7AT
felix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond reputefelix0121 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Synergy View Post
Well keep one thing in mind...dealers hire a ton of $8-$10hr whoevers to do their tires and oil changes. They normally have maybe one A tech that will never see your car. Service writers are also anyone looking for a job that usually don't know their butt hole from an arm pit. Everyone there I can guarantee doesn't care about Nissan let alone your Z. It's just a job, plan and simple! The best work you'll ever get on your car is from you. Or a least being on here find some local buddies to help you out or by chance befriend the A tech some how. This only comes from years of experience in the business. I wouldn't trust a dealer as far as I can throw them. Also...you seem very hell bent on following what Nissan tells you to. I'd do my own research on this. They tell you what to do safely for legal purposes. They can't tell you to break in a motor properly because of lawsuits and people killing themselves. Same goes with bedding in brakes. I'm not saying stop what you're doing, I'm just saying think outside the box and dont drink so much of their coolaid haha.

Just a quick example, Subaru swore by a 7500 mile oil change or 3750 under extreme conditions but forgot to test the 3 micro screens in banjo bolts on the turbos and else where. The long changes and people listening caused a lot of blown issues when the screens clog. Now they say ALL turbo motors are extreme and to change at 3750. People on forums also knew this way before and removed the screens. I think this a good example of don't alway listen to the manufacturer and keep your ear to the ground here from the people that know.
yeah

not biased, keep balanced.

I agree, not sarcastic. really seriously.

I'll keep your recommendation.

Thanks for the info buddy
felix0121 is offline   Reply With Quote