View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
does it turn off during driving? will it stay on once your car is warmed up?
No, the first time it happened i was driving it a little hard in the mountains, lits of stop and go tight turns. VDC off, but no wild drifting or anything. And randomly SMODE just appeared in the digi info screen on the left, and the little "s" next to my shift gear indicator went out. and every time i tried to press the button it would beep and flash SMODE. Tried turning off the car, nothing works. Except pulling the negative bat lead, or doing the peddle ecu reset.

Second time it happened was a couple months later, i just started the car up to go to the store and it instantly flashed SMODE for no reason, even though i had been driving it without issue for the last couple months. Did the ecu reset trick again and it is normal again. So i stopped at the dealer and they all scratched their heads and poked at the computer a bit like chimps until the lead tech said "oh yeah, thats a known issue when the car is really cold, or theres a fault detecting the sensors" so they checked all the physical connectors related to the aystem and they were all 100% fine. I got no definitive answer why. Not the mention, fauling once while driving and once during startup at complete random with months of driving between doesnt seem to be a sensor issue to me. Sounds more like an ecu issue.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote