View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #449 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZeda View Post
Since I appreciate the adage, "if you can't say something nice..." I will just say that I am very disappointed with Formula 1 after my first season of watching every lap raced.

With that being said, my nephew is graduating from college this year with an engineering degree and he is very interested in at least applying to the Haas F1 team. Would anyone know a person that either works for an F1 team or has close contacts with one? I would like to get my hands on a really good resume and see if there are any other tips that might help.

Also, I am taking my nephew to the Montreal Grand Prix next year, and I wanted to see the best way to go about getting tickets and/or a package deal. Any recommendations?
Surf the venue website for race tickets. Book now as popular is Montreal. Also book a hotel now. The teams take up quite a bit of the better hotels. I was there in 2005 and stayed at the Sheraton. Honda and some of the Ferrari folks were there and I was able to chat with them etc.
I have major contacts in the sport none of which are aligned with Haas. I can send a few emails out and hopefully get some recommendations. Considering more than a few engineers were made unemployed recently I would think Haas will have very experienced folks applying now if not already.
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote