View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid370Z View Post
I would highly recommend considering not getting the 4" fills. It may just muddy up the front stage.

Just something to think about. When I did my build I just had the Focal's installed in front, deleted the 4" rears, and a sub in a Zenclosures box. I don't miss the rear speakers at all.
After reading through the (408 page ) JBL MS8 thread on DIYMA, it looks like the MS8 handles balancing the rears so that they don't affect the front stage whatsoever with ease. I have the extra amp channels anyways, and the car will be apart already. So for the 10 min of extra time it'll probably take me to install them, and $100, I'm gonna try them out. If it don't like it, I'll just unplug them and that'll be that.

While I'm approaching the build from an SQ standpoint (certainly more so than SPL anyways), it is a bit redundant in the sense that 85% of the time I listen to electronic music, 10% Rap/Hip-Hop and 5% Pop. I have little taste for anything recorded using instruments, so in reality 'staging', 'depth', etc is going to mean very little for the music I listen to.