View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #303 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkio View Post
BE VERY CAREFUL ENTERING THIS ZONE. UNLESS YOU GOT UPGRADED SHORT BLOCK, YOU ARE GOING TO BLOW UP YOUR MOTOR WITHIN DAYS. I ran 12.5 PSI on my stillen SC (UPGRADED COG, BLADES, pulleys, fuel pump) and my motor gave out after about a week.

Also ask ANMVQ, his engine in his g37 lasted three days after he did what you are planning on doing. My advise to you is unless you have a built bottom end, stay away from this idea all together.

Plz plz do your research before upgrading anything on that kit dude. If you want more power, get a twin turbo and run it on the stock engine at around 10psi, you will get more power than a SC and you wont blow up your motor. I have a built bottom end now and wish I went with a TT setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANMVQ View Post
I was :/ I started the frozenboost thing . I had Injectors , pump, and the Frozenboost heat exchanger.
Had either of you addressed the maf location on your builds? I'm convinced that's why Stillen kits have blown motors. Measuring air temp and density before the compressor and intercooler scares the hell out of me.