View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #301 (permalink)
clkio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z M6
clkio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1600 View Post
So had my kit on now for a few months, next lot of upgrades are in the works; this will be done in the next 3-6 months.

stock clutch is getting smelly! so not driving it too hard lately, just the odd run here and there, waiting on my new clutch kit to arrive (probably 4-5 weeks cause of xmas/new years), getting a southbend stage 3 daily kit with the lighter flywheel etc. Will get this in, have tune double checked at another shop recently recommended to me, A/F ratios atm look a bit high, but it's safe so it's fine at the moment.

While clutch is going in or soon after, I'm waiting on some pricing back from the Australian vortech distributor who does all the work here to upgrade the impeller on the unit + changing to a slightly smaller pulley again from the 9lb stillen kit, upgrading fuel system to E85 with a CJ Motorsports kit and get it re-tuned for the E85 all at the same time.

will let you guys know when done

BE VERY CAREFUL ENTERING THIS ZONE. UNLESS YOU GOT UPGRADED SHORT BLOCK, YOU ARE GOING TO BLOW UP YOUR MOTOR WITHIN DAYS. I ran 12.5 PSI on my stillen SC (UPGRADED COG, BLADES, pulleys, fuel pump) and my motor gave out after about a week.

Also ask ANMVQ, his engine in his g37 lasted three days after he did what you are planning on doing. My advise to you is unless you have a built bottom end, stay away from this idea all together.

Plz plz do your research before upgrading anything on that kit dude. If you want more power, get a twin turbo and run it on the stock engine at around 10psi, you will get more power than a SC and you wont blow up your motor. I have a built bottom end now and wish I went with a TT setup.
clkio is offline   Reply With Quote