View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 12:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
axmea?
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got_Z View Post
I think Stillen is the only intake with "proven gains." Also the cutting required is very minimal, if even that. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
What do you mean the only intake with proven gains? pls explain that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
^this guy is borderline retarded (LOL, I kid)

Stillen G3 FTW!!!
Common Andrew - All he is saying is it is a toss up between the two given each pros and cons.

I must say that if people don't forget the silicone jacket to wrap around the AC lines, they'd be ok. I'd get the Stillen but was convinced by a reputable shop explaining to me the differences, ended up with Takeda, and did not have any regrets. Single, easy to clean filter does it for me.

To me, it boils down to personal preference. I have not had any issues with my Takeda's nor have I heard of any issues from anyone who has them once installed. With Stillens, simply make sure you install the silicone sleeve to keep the tubes from rubbing directly onto your AC lines and you're golden. No one could see the cutting anyway so it should not be an issue. I don't see why cutting the opening wider is such a big deal when it should not.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote