View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #199 (permalink)
chuckd05
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No longer a Z
chuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nicechuckd05 is just really nice

Well I am about three weeks late on my answer that i said i would have.. My car was recently in the nissan owners body shop directly behind the nissan dealership for warranty work to paint my front bumper do to my bumper color being way off. The shop is Performance AutoBody in Smithtown, NY ....

I was going to inquire about the bumper when I picked up my car and to my suprise there was my Z and another black sport Z sitting there with the nismo bumper on it.. I asked them all about it and they said it was just about $1,000 in parts total. His car was in a wreck and needed massive work so I am sure he had no problem getting these parts with 15k+ damage on the car , which was covered by insurance.

I looked over the entire bumper, from where the lip was and along the fender walls, and it looked completely factory... It seemed as if the under spoiler or diffuser is very neccasary.

It did not look as if they fabricated anything on the fender walls EXCEPT it seemed like they had put screws about every 3-4 inches with some type of device because they were in there real snug and it wasnt a screwdriver head or a bolt than can be taken out with a socket. If that person has to remove there fender wall they may run into a little difficulty but either way it looked great

Im not sure if this is someone on here's 370z but it still had the temporary sticker on the window and was coming out of the shop with 15k+ damage but it does look pretty slick. Not the route I would want to take to get this bumper, but in the end his car did look good

Here are some pics taken with my iphone camera , so they are horrible quality.

In my opinion it looks great, but for the $1,000 in parts + paint/labor to just get the bumper it may not be worth it. And from what it seems like to me, I would def not reccomend this install without all the proper parts required.

But anyone in NY area looking to do this upgrade this is the second one this shop has done and they said it was a breeze to do just pricey. And yes it clips in and connects to the car just as our stock bumper cover does.

Last edited by chuckd05; 12-04-2009 at 12:30 AM.
chuckd05 is offline   Reply With Quote