View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
12155ny
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z GM M6
12155ny is on a distinguished road
Default Stillen HFC observations

Finally got the Stillen HFC's installed today to go along with the Stillen CBE as well as the Stillen Gen 3 CAI. The install was pretty easy (as expected) and doesn't take long at all. I got the HFC with the extenders as I didn't want to risk setting off the CEL. Here's some notes;

1. The combination of all 3 (CBE, CAI and HFC) really makes the car come alive. Each bolt on was installed at different times so I could see, hear and feel what each one did.
2. I love the tonality of the exhaust with the HFC's. Even my wife said it sounded "beastly". She couldn't care less about cars in general. To me, the Stillen HFC only magnifies the tone and adds a little aggression to it.
3. There's a little rasp to it as well but it's fairly minimal. For someone who lives in a quiet uptight suburban neighborhood, the tone is perfect.

Obviously, everyone has their opinions on CAI's, CBE's and HFC's but for someone who was looking to increase HP, throttle response as well as change the overall "tone" of the car. I couldn't be happier.

Next on list for next month is the tune and the dyno. I'll post the results as well. Happy holidays to all...