Thread: Best Suspension
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 04:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Devil Z
Base Member

Drives: N/A
Devil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond reputeDevil Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danops View Post
I would like to personally suggest JIC-Magic FLT-AR (aka FLT-A2) when it becomes available for the 370z. It is a great monotube damper and is afforably priced when compared to Penske Racing suspensions & Ohlins. I've used it on several S13's, S14's, Z33's, Mr2 Spyder's, S2000's, Protege's, and many others.

Most of the time they include upper pillowball mounts & camber plates for front strut applications.

For budget concious consumers, the FLT-AS (aka FLT-A1) is a good choice.

There are several more reasons why I like the JIC: build quality, research & development, quality of raw materials, greater piston strength, precise dampening adjustment & feedback, longevity, ride quality, and exceptional handling characteristics.

In due time, we will all see more brands, more options, and many reviews of suspension components. It will be up to you on which one fits your needs... some people like smooth or stiff, some like extreme lowering or mild drops, some people may be on a budget and may have to sacrifice build quality or performance.

Once there are more 370z's around you, I'd recommend finding local 370z owners that may have brand A, brand B, and brand C to feel, drive, and experience the various suspension setups. Keep in mind that there are 2 main variables that change within each setup that directly affect ride quality and/or handling: Dampening (compression/rebound) and Ride Height. In addition to those 2 variables... road conditions and driving style will affect the 'feel'. Try to compare them on the same stretch of road or track.

I hope this helps....

~Dan
Can you post links on these suspensions??
Devil Z is offline   Reply With Quote