View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #3963 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Mr.kenchan, regarding your question about lipo battery....

the best brand on the market is ORCA, however, it is better to first understand the purpose, if it is for leisure, then you will like to go for capacity than discharge current (the "C" #)

if you are using more racing/ competition, then you go for the discharge current# than the capacity.

nowadays, a regular pack, is usually 7.4v 30c 5000mah, for racing, we usually use 7.4v 80c and 7400 mah.

thanks, mr. alcheng, and thanks to the team for posting my question to mr.alcheng's thread!

this is just for leisure, so the 7.4v 30c 5000mah should do the trick for me.
i read most can only 75-100 cycles per life. is that correct? that's very short lifecycle compared to nicd's where i've cyclc'ed them literally hundreds of times already. i wonder if ORCA has a longer lifespan..