Thread: Subway
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #31 (permalink)
Read T
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Nissan 370z BC 6M
Read T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond reputeRead T has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_Z09 View Post
Bingo! In a way Mustangs are like Harley-Davidsons; they're not that great stock, they're more common than dirt, but the huge aftermarket means that if you want a one-of-a-kind it's not hard to do.

I like Mustangs, not so much Harleys.

People whining about the performance (or lack of) of the Z car need to remind themselves what the Z was meant to be in the first place. It's sport, not muscle. Sure it outperformed Mustangs back in the 90s... because Ford's 5.0 and 4.6 were turds in stock trim, not because Nissan's V6 was so awesome. Now that the domestics have entered the 21st century (finally) the V8 is going to win every time against a naturally aspirated V6.

Also, I agree with whoever said that the rest of Nissan's lineup is lackluster. Aside from the 370 and the GTR they don't make anything I'd want.
Heck, not even aftermarket - they have tons of OEM / Dealer ordered parts.

The Juke is pretty cool, but otherwise Nissan is a pretty boring company. At least it's not as boring as Honda. I think the only reason Honda sells cars is they have decent build quality (like everyone else now) and a great reputation. At least in the states, where we don't get the Honda NSX or Civic R