View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live4Driving View Post
As an update, I purchased the Z Speed Stage 2 Daily Clutch Kit. This includes South Bend Stage 2 Clutch, 19lb Flywheel, Heavy Duty CSC, & goodies. Hopefully it doesn't blow up like MJB's...

The shop charges $109/hr, which I know is expensive but they are the only speed shop around that I can get to return a phone call consistently and I got tired of chasing the other two shops I've used down to throw my money at them, so the estimate was $1,400 for headers and clutch install (~6.5hrs each). They are very good about charging less if it takes less time and there is some cross part removal so fingers crossed it will be closer to $1000.
You should be alright bro. Mine was just an isolated incident. I think the disk was defective from the factory. And 1,400 really isn't all that bad for the clutch and header install. Sounds about right. I've done both and they are very time consuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I bought a transmission jack on sale for <$120 from Harbor Freight with a coupon. It was worth saving the extra $1K I would have to pay someone else to do it.

If you were closer, I would offer it to you to use free or buy cheap. But shipping would probably be way more than I would ask in cash.
I bought the same jack. Since I knew I was only going to need it one time, I sold it to a coworker for half off.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote