View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #59 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
Stolen from another forum.
I have not seen these lift points used before?
Is that a 370Z? I think those are essentially the same lift points used in a photo earlier in this thread. I used the photo below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ370 View Post
is your contact point the subframe, and also are the side jacks on the black plastic? I am yet to jack the car, ive been ramping it all this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefaulter View Post
You'll notice there is a small nipple in the center, under the engine. That's the spot you're looking for. I always leave my jack there as a fail-safe
In the attached pic, I marked the nipple zfaulter is referring to with a red circle. As he notes, that's the sweet spot. As for the jacks, it looks like he is also using subframe. I have marked these locations with a blue box in the pic. I have used these when I've worked on other people's cars with aftermarket side skirts that got in the way of my normal pinch rail jack stand location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
Also guys, if you don't have hockey pucks or something of that nature to go on your jack...don't worry. It won't hurt the pinch welds/rails once you start jacking your car up.
It may bend some though. The lift that Austin Z Clinic uses has bent mine just a bit. No big deal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jack Points.jpg (422.7 KB, 622 views)

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote