View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #105 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njobe89 View Post
ok, i'm sure that's going to be way more then 15k to get it to 800-1000 and yes it would beat a stock gtr. however, then one can argue that you are building up a z to 800-1000 that it's only fair to build up a gtr and once again the z can't compete.

don't get me wrong i like my z, but it's not that cheap to mod one to get some numbers out of it. for it's price range in the low 30s brand new i think it's amazing.
Well it may cost a bit more than $15K to get that kind of power, but it certainly won't cost the $50K+ price difference between a new 370Z and new GT-R at their lowest price points (and currently it is closer to a $70K difference). So I could buy two new 370Z, put $20K into each, and have two vehicles that are at or above GT-R levels for the price of a new GT-R. That's all I'm trying to point out. And no it's not fair to build up the GT-R if you're comparing price points.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote