View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
ViCiouS
Base Member

Drives: '14 981 Cayman S
ViCiouS is on a distinguished road

I've never understood why everyone hates on asphalt base. Spending money on audio branded stuff is absurdly expensive.

Simple 'Peel n Seal' roofing from lowes/home depot works just as well. Yes it's asphalt base, no it's not intended for audio/dampening. It does NOT smell in summer, idk anyone who has had that issue. I live in Florida, it gets quite hot here with a black car, again, never had an issue. It's 100$ for 100 square feet (essentially 2 layers on the entire car).

Sealed my entire Z except the roof, A Pillars, and floor. With stock exhaust it was luxury car quiet inside. Now I have header back non res, not so quiet lol. Also have 3k watts of audio in the car. The only rattle in the car is a single bolt somewhere in my driver's door (which i can't seem to figure out).

Egg crate works well for a small patch behind speakers, increases the sq. I'm assuming gun foam would work the same or better, especially if it's a small layer on top of mat.

I used hands because I didn't have a roller, and I took a lot of time. Some people use a tenis ball basically to prevent hurting your hands over time. A roller doesn't work for a lot of areas imo.
ViCiouS is offline   Reply With Quote