View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #3826 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABAM View Post
I couldn't find anything but I emailed a family friend who has the knack for finding old firearm stuff.

Edit: I didn't watch them but some Youtube vids came up in my search. They might helpful.

However, I did find this though. It's the biggest collection of manuals and diagrams for firearms and firearms accessories I've seen.
Steves Pages 7b (manuals)
Steves Pages 7a (diagrams)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Have you tried local gun shows? The ones around here there's always a sizeable contingent of old-timers who could probably show you how to break that down and reassemble it.
Thanks!

I found out that the rifle (or same basic design) was also sold as Savage 187E, 187H, 188H, 87H, 87KE, 87E, 87KH, 6E, 6H, 6DL and Stevens 87A. Didn't find this out until about 0100 last night and couldn't hold my eyes open long enough to pursue. Will be doing that today.
Some models allow the bolt to be locked forward for single-shot use with shorts but mine doesn't do that.

I looked at several of the Youtube vids that were very helpful as far as they went but I didn't see anything that went beyond removing the bolt/hammer and the feeder. Youtube is where I first learned that the rifle was sold by more than one manufacturer. I need to go back and search for some of the model numbers I discovered last night.

The Steve's Pages site looks like a great resource. Bookmarked for a look later today.

I live in a small town where The Event of this year was a Salt-N-Pepa concert. Not many gun shows here. But that's a great idea. I'll check to see if there are any shows coming up that aren't too far away.

Thanks again for the tips.