View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #109 (permalink)
DOOMMONKEY777
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 6psd-sport-pkg
DOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond repute

Now i have a question that needs to be answered,

The pedal that i have received is v2.0, now i have assembled it and just tried it out to see how it worked without putting on the car. It seems to me that the plates on the side of the assembly that can be adjusted for pedal distance have a little grease on them and are used to compress the pedal assembly together. I found that the compression of these plates also puts pressure on the brass/copper bushings and restricts the pedal to move ie. Coming back from pressed position, also it seems that if i release the bolts torque in order to let the pedal move freely ie. Clutch in, clutch out, puts less pressure on the plates with grease to hold the pedal adjustment in place. So will the pedal stay in its designated set position over a long period of time use, due to less torqued bolts where the pedal moves freely, cuz it seems to me it wont hold its point of set for too long?