View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #229 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratrooper View Post
I read your install thread and I realize that you did it over several weeks, but overall how many hours would you say it took you and your buddy ?

That lift sure looks like it made life easier too. I'll have to do mine on a set of jacks in the good ole garage.. pending the warden lets me park her car outside for a week or so.
We did it over two full weekends (Thursday night, all Friday, all Saturday and taking Sunday off) and a half a Saturday the weekend before to do the radiator. I will note that I farmed out the clutch install, mainly because I didn't feel like benchpressing a transmission.

If I had to guess it was 30-35 hrs worth of work. A good 10 hours of that was eaten up by the extra gauges and my heat management analness of wrapping everything. We also spend several hours trying to clock the turbo and get the turbo coupler on. Now that Sasha has redesigned the kit the install is much easier. With the new routing I would estimate it knocked a good 3-4 hours off the total install.

I feel pretty confident that had I to do it all over again I could knock it out in one weekend. Definitely two weekends if you were going to fiddle with it during the week after work.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote