View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #58 (permalink)
zguynate
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z
zguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond reputezguynate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos_370z View Post
hahahaha!!! i said a Vette with 4 seats you make me search on the Chevrolet webpage to confirm that info hahahah!!

Just my 2 cents...
Why not just make a damn version of our VQ37 but 3.0 TT.... they can use the same GT-R TT setup... we know that our engines are strongest enough to hold 500hp on FI setup with out forged internals... im not saying that the Z have to come with 500hp but at least 350hp i think it would be great.... I know is the same HP that the 370z Nismo have but hey... is a 3.0 FI... you put some intakes, exhaust, few psi more and a tune... trust me you are going to have some good numbers on your dyno sheet.... My opinion is that Nissan do not have to use and MB engine on the new Z... they have a lot of good engines like the SR20, RB25, RB26... for say some engines that they make... Anyway we are going to wait to see finally what Nissan are going to do with Z platform...
I agree with you but those engines you listed are too old for Nissan to use. With the current emission laws and they are getting even more strict, those motors could never hope to pass. I would really hope for a turbo 3.0. A lot could be done with that provided Nissan doesn't make it out of glass. Its crazy that Nissan is legendary for their turbocharged engines of old, however here we are 20 years later BEGGING them for a new one, and they can't oblige.

Its not THAT big of a deal for me because the odds of me getting the new Z are really slim. Im recently married and 26. Its time for kids and **** I would have to do an astronomical amount of kissing to my wife for her to not immediately say "no" when I even say "Z" lol.