Thread: need help asap
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimola View Post
Hmm, so if i buy that cable i plug it into his obd port, and plug in a laptop? I then turn it to oem mode somehow, and that puts the tune in the cable? Then i plug the cable into my z and upload it there?
It's not that simple. You will need a 'BacktoStock' file to reflash the ECU to stock parameters. When that action is performed, it stores the license you removed on the cable. Take that cable/license to your tuner and have him tune the car from scratch. That or call Stillen and ask them how much it would cost for them to provide you with the tune file. If they can send you the tune file then you could just flash your ECU yourself at home.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote