View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Waiz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z33 & GE8
Waiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargrakhan View Post
Divide the car profile in half. Top half. Bottom half.

Look at the top halves. Other than the spoilers they have the same curves... because it's obviously the same body. Then look at the bottom half. Yea you can tell the difference between the three types.

When I'm on the Interstate and see a 370Z in the distance (either coming at me or heading towards it), I can't readily identify what kind of 370Z it is until I get closer. I can identify it's a 370 (on a bad day I might mistaken a 350) from farther away because of the curves, but if I'm in the mood to actually call out the model -- and assuming the body hasn't been JDM'ed extensively -- I usually don't make confirmation until seeing either the spoiler, rear bumper, or the lower body (also running lights or lack therefore of help from the front).

From the front the 2015 is easier to identify because of the "red lips" and sideway DRL. From the front, I still feel the 2013 NISMO looks the same as a base Z at distance, though I eventually will see the longer lip when close enough. The two toned color of the 2014 version made it easier to call, because the base Z was single color.

I know what it's for. I didn't say take it off or that it was useless.

It's also possible to get downforce with more subtle spoilers. The 2015 NISMO should be evidence of that.
Have you not seen a NISMO in person?

It is very evident how much longer the older ones are in person. So much so that you must run an extension for the undertray

You are discrediting yourself and invalidating your opinion by continuing this strange argument
Waiz is offline   Reply With Quote