View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Yep, the old Nismo looks just like the coupe....
Divide the car profile in half. Top half. Bottom half.

Look at the top halves. Other than the spoilers they have the same curves... because it's obviously the same body. Then look at the bottom half. Yea you can tell the difference between the three types.

When I'm on the Interstate and see a 370Z in the distance (either coming at me or heading towards it), I can't readily identify what kind of 370Z it is until I get closer. I can identify it's a 370 (on a bad day I might mistaken a 350) from farther away because of the curves, but if I'm in the mood to actually call out the model -- and assuming the body hasn't been JDM'ed extensively -- I usually don't make confirmation until seeing either the spoiler, rear bumper, or the lower body (also running lights or lack therefore of help from the front).

From the front the 2015 is easier to identify because of the "red lips" and sideway DRL. From the front, I still feel the 2013 NISMO looks the same as a base Z at distance, though I eventually will see the longer lip when close enough. The two toned color of the 2014 version made it easier to call, because the base Z was single color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
Get that massive spoiler monstrosity out of here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Yeah, we don't need any downforce on our car, lets just take it off.
I know what it's for. I didn't say take it off or that it was useless.

It's also possible to get downforce with more subtle spoilers. The 2015 NISMO should be evidence of that.

Last edited by Nargrakhan; 12-09-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote