View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by czirrfb View Post
Something about leasing just feels weird to me. I just wont feel like it is "My" car but at the same time people try and argue that renting an apartment is pointless because you arent paying to own, but I have zero issues renting an apartment over buying a home because I dont wanna be "stuck" with a mortgage or tons of debt.
Leasing a car at first does sound very similar to renting vs buying a home. But it's really different. It's better to buy a home, because you're building credit and you will have something to show for it. Renting really is throwing lots of money away, and only makes sense (similar to leasing a car) if you plan to move every few years.

Tons of debt is, unfortunately, just part of the way to go when it comes to home-owning and building credit. Not so much with a car...unless you get super lucky, a car is never an investment, but a home can be.
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote