View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by czirrfb View Post
But with leasing can you modify the car? Lower it, add performance parts, new wheels, tint etc.?

Because if I was to get a sports car of any kind (like the 370) I would want to modify it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
YES! A lease is your car! You own it! Do what you want. If you go to buy it off nissan then just buy it cash or a bank loan. If you want to turn it in, turn it back to stock since you'll loose your money you have into it.
Actually... while I'm not a lawyer or legal expert, I think you need to READ YOUR LEASING CONTRACT.

Some leases are specifically worded to NOT allow modding that voids the warranty and/or must be returned in the same general condition it was bought, minus acceptable wear and tear. None of this would be a problem if you ultimately decide to buy the car in the end... but if you intend to return it, there might be problems if you "riced the hell" out the vehicle and brought it to the dealer that way.

Modded cars are harder for a lot of dealers to resell than a plain stock.

If the dealer can't tell you modded the car (or doesn't care), then none of this matters...
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote