View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
sandersd
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z Nismo
sandersd will become famous soon enoughsandersd will become famous soon enough
Default Swift Customer Service

BTW I have to relay the conversation I had with a representative at Swift Springs. There are no instructions included with the springs, just stickers and a warranty disclosure. The stock Nissan spring coils are evenly spaced top to bottom whereas the Swift springs have one end tightly coiled and the other 2/3 evenly spaced.

I had no way of knowing which end went up so I called Swift. The guy told me which end went up and I mentioned that information might be good to include with the springs so one knows the proper orientation. His very condescending response was
"That's why we don't like to sell to end users, only to professional installers. They know which direction to install them."
I had the information I needed and I didn't see any point in challenging him but I wondered how "professional installers" magically know which end is up, as opposed to us ignorant DIYers, so I did a little search and found many instances of "professional installers" installing the springs upside down.

All it would take is a sticker that says "TOP" or an arrow pointing up to prevent confusion. But what do I know, I'm not a "professional installer".