View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Zipper 104
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 PW/Frost/Spt/AT
Zipper 104 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersd View Post
I've always been a DIY kinda' guy. I hate paying someone to do something I can do. I always figured I could buy the parts and the tools to do a job for less than a third party would charge me for parts and labor, plus I'd probably do a better job since I was working on my own property. I've spent my life in construction and engineering. I'm very meticulous and conscientious. I also have a bazillion tools from years of doing things myself.
I hear you. I have a ton of tools, but they're all at work. It sucks having to lug them back and forth so I find myself accumulating duplicates at home, and nowhere to store them.
I'd rather do everything myself 'cause at least if I mess the job up it's on me. I don't want to second guess the job anyone else does, but frankly, but I don't trust anyone to do it right. I'd end up pulling the wheels off again afterwards and checking the job they did so I might as well just do it myself in the first time around. The bummer is, I really don't want the hassle of dealing with things that go wrong if, and when, they do. (don't they always?)

So, back to the install...I was under the impression that the 'Gorilla' nut everybody gripes about is the lower shock mount bolt, hence requiring the cheater bar. Reading your thread it now sounds like getting the top nut on the shock column undone is the tough part. Is that right?
I guess taking the shocks to my Nissan dealer after I get 'em out lets them deal with this problem, huh?
Anybody else able to weigh in on this?

Thanks

Zipper 104 is offline   Reply With Quote