View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
Element600ee
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z Monterey
Element600ee is on a distinguished road

i would never install them on my car on any car i work on . the only damper other than oem ive even used is an ati fluiddamper . there is an reason its there . say you have an alternator starting to go bad at that point your are adding a side load on and off the end of the crank that with a rubber isolator you wouldnt have added to the crank . besides that it is made to remove harmonic vibrations caused by combustion and side loads on the crank at diff angles . hence the name harmonic balancer . the gains you will see from changing this are so minimal its not worth the risk .

risk vs reward = no beuno to me ..

its your car do as you will . ill leave you with this . look up whatever race motors you want you will see a balancer on there not a straight crank pulley . granted most of them are driving dry sump oil systems and or mechanical pumps . most teams use ati balancers in my exp .. very good product .. hell call your local reputable machine shop and ask him the value of the balancer . im not saying it will blow up tomorrow just that its there for good reason .
Element600ee is offline   Reply With Quote