View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

So for everyone who's blown their motors, I've always seen them run higher than OEM redline. I've seen the VVEL blow, the bearings blow, and the oil pump blow. I know the high rpm's killed those motors but I'm wondering how many had lightweight crank pulleys installed also. It just seems too risky.

And from holding a bunch of OEM crank pulleys after installing lightweight crank pulleys, they all seem solid but they're not. They all have a tiny rubber section splitting the two halves that you can move back-and-forth even with your own hands. Now imagine what kind of movement back-and-forth that can have at an 8000 RPM shift point.