View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 07:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
sandersd
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z Nismo
sandersd will become famous soon enoughsandersd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper 104 View Post
I've decided when the time comes for me I'm going to have my local Nissan dealer swap the stockers for the Swifts. Not going to mess with them.
..as for the Gorilla nut, I'm going to have a 1/2" drive breaker bar with a 3 foot cheater from work.

Best of luck with the rest of the job.

I think that's a good choice. As for the nut, the kicker is having to hold the shaft - that excludes using a socket. I came up with a workable solution for using a torque wrench in combination with the box end to actually torque the nut, but I still haven't figured out how one would hold the shaft without some type of specially designed tool (besides vice-grips of course). Also, without the special tool that holds the shock in a vice it'd be difficult to torque to spec without the shock turning, and I don't want to clamp the shock tube itself for fear of damaging it.

I'm going out this morning looking for a decent shop to install the springs on the shock, then I'll install the rear springs and SPL replacement arms.