View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #65 (permalink)
totopo
Base Member

Drives: '14 370z 6mt
totopo is on a distinguished road

I am curious as to what direction they are going to take with the next generation Z.

I am curious to as what powerplant they are going to chose, and what overall design philosophy. I wonder if they are going to try to add a third sports car to their line up, back to the old silvia/fairlady/skyline days, or if the market isn't there any more.

Can they tune the vk v8 to make decent OEM power? Supposedly when they designed the GT-R they thought about a V-8, but decided to go for a TT v-6 instead. I wonder if they are going to go for a heavy high HP car to try to capture the large american muscle car market from domestics? such as the VK or a tt VR or tt VQ? Kind of hard to see how you can beat the domestics in the american market in hp/dollar though.

or are they going to try to fight it out with the fr-s/miata in the light/fun category? like a turbo QR (meh) or a turbo MR (meh) or god forbid an NA QR

Or keep it in the mid-range affordable track car where it sits now. and continue with an updated V6 maybe with direct injection or something.

Or maybe they are working on an all new engine block. maybe a half decent i4?
totopo is offline   Reply With Quote