View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
ZeuceCoupe
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 40th
ZeuceCoupe is on a distinguished road
Default First time doing heavy-ish body work - Need some advice

When I bought my 40th, it had some dings/rash but nothing over the top. Due to a recent hit and run, I am having to do some pretty heavy repair (deep gauges mostly in the rear bumper and some on the body as well as dents in the front right fender) I've sanded the bumper down with 80 grit and applied resin/hardening compound which has taken care of most of the damage, but there still a couple of deeper gauges which I'm gonna puddy/glaze...after that the usual steps of course, sand, primer, sand, clear coat, sand...pain. And that is my issue.

I went to a body shop simply out of curiosity and was quoted a comical $1200 for the rear bumper alone...I'm confident that this job will come out nice, but I've never used a spray can on a car to paint (because all of my paint work has been minor touch up) and I'm not sure where to go to find my paint with it being a 40th.

I checked out some threads on here where other owners have had really poor experiences with mixers, so I'm hesitant to go that route.

Does Nissan carry spray cans? If so, do I simply order from parts counter?

Bigger - any tips on how to properly use a can to get the best results?
ZeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote