View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #42 (permalink)
thangcu35
Base Member

Drives: '12 Sport/Tour/Nav
thangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond repute

Back on track, I started working on mounting turbos. Knowing that the driver side will be most difficult due to limited space, I decided to tackle that first. After 6 hours worth of busting and cussing, using sharpies, duck tapes, and with a little bit of luck I managed to get the turbo to about where I want it to be (it was not easy with the car up on jackstands instead of a lift). I was careful not to place the turbo too low, while leaving enough space in the front for air filters. My concern is the wastegate actuator being the lowest point.

Decided to go with Tial Q BOV's instead of Synchronic.

Tacked the extension pipe

Turbos sat up as high as it will go, 1/2" clearance from frame and transmission.

I am working on modifying the wastegate actuator bracket to allow more ground clearance.

Last edited by thangcu35; 12-02-2014 at 08:50 PM.
thangcu35 is offline   Reply With Quote