View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #55 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. Well, it can't be worse than Phantom Menace, or have worse characters than the completely unwatchable (and rather cartoonishly racist...) Jar Jar Binks, or the unfortunately monikerd Count Dooku (forever thought of as "Count Dookie" at least by me).

I know there's all kinds of internet grumblings over the silly "sword guard" on the light saber... frankly, it will be a 2015 X-mas miracle if that's the most hamfisted thing in the film.

That said, I'm a long time sucker for the franchise. I had Star Wars bed sheets as a kid, all the Kenner action figures, the Death Star playset (complete with trash compacter "trash" made of foam chunks and little rubber trash monster with periscope like eye stalk), all the various toy spaceships (including the dual seat Cloud City of Bespin flying thing and the Tatooine-bound sand speeder) so... yeah... I'm in.

Oh my god... that I even have such detailed memories of all that crap is embarrassing. Jeez. At least if I was smart about it, I would have flogged the lot on ebay instead of binning them...